Thursday, July 2, 2009

Fun at the Hiett House

Summer has hit and we are having fun. Summer always brings something very fun for the kiddos (and Mom and Dad)...Grandma's Pool. We help put is up at the end of May and wait for the cold, cold well water to warm up from the summer sun. It finally has finished the task and we have had lots of fun already, with only more to come.

Ben should be pround of me for this tasty pie! Thanks for sharing your family favorite. We had a ward barbeque last week and I was asked to bring a dessert. So I thought all week about what I wanted. It just so happened that I had extra pie crust from Josh's father's day pie, and was craving Ben's French Silk pie. So my ward enjoyed two and I kept one to myself. Which happens to be still sitting in my fridge because I got sick and have been trying to avoid unnecessary sugar to help get me better. It is calling my name...(maybe that is why I am so slow to get well.)


With summer brings, mowing the lawn as well as many other things and this year it looks as though we have some help. Since we lived in Cheney, Josh has let the kids hang on to that lower part of the handle and help mow the lawn. Apparently he felt Tarryn was ready to have a go on her own. She really did pretty good too. I am not sure we will make it a regular chore just yet.




Josh's cousin Danielle is at that ripe age to graduate high school and had a party to celebrate. We really had a lot of fun...a good old Etna barn party, complete with live music, good food and a bunch of Dutch brothers and sisters loving life!




Uncle Jarom got a new kitty that is residing at Grandma and Grandpa's house and the kids have loved him. His name is Smudge and he is a fiesty little thing. We have to watch careful with the sliding door, he has almost caught his head a couple times trying to sneak in.
I am finally starting to feel better thanks to my in-laws helping with the kids. Josh took them down on Tuesday and I have been just me (during the day) for a few days. You can see the things I have been doing, in addition to at least two naps a day, while the kids have been away at...
jennyloucreates.blogspot.com



1 comment:

amomma said...

No, we won't make it this year. We would love to, but Jason can not take off work and I am much to afraid to take three little ones by myself!