Every day proves itself to be one that I can be proud of my kiddos. This past month I have had two especially great things happen to my kids.
The first began at an assembly that the kids talked me into going to, just because. This is an assembly that the teachers don't notify the parents if your child gets an award. Why? I don't know. Sounds silly to me. So anyway, I went just to go and support the school and kids. The assembly was coming to a close and Tarryn's name was called.
If you can't read it, her award is for Outstanding Leadership. This is only given to the third, fourth and fifth graders. I was super excited for her! She really is a great girl...for everyone but Josh and I.
Do you remember that story that Joseph wrote? Well, we got it published and submitted for the Author's Reception. He did a great job. They called up all the second graders and he just sat in his seat. The silly boy was being shy and wouldn't go up on stage. After all the second graders intoduced themselves and their books they presented two awards. One for the best art and one for the best story. 
Joseph's name was called for the Best Story award. He quickly got over his shyness and headed up to the stage. The teacher asked him to introduce his book and read part of it. He did so great! So great that I almost forgot that I had brought the camera with me.
Andrew has done a great job at school, too. Nothing specific to talk about today but he helped Josh change the tires on the car. He used power tools and everything. That makes a proud Dad!
Needless to say, I think that I have some pretty great kids. You can't get much better than seeing them making good choices and being respectful to those around them.

No comments:
Post a Comment