Sunday, October 26, 2008

Carving Pumpkins

The kids have been bugging me for about a week now about carving the pumpkins we got from the Clason's pumpkin patch (A wonderful couple in our ward). We finally got it done tonight after Stake Conference. Which by the way was really neat to have Elder Perry and President Uchdorf (I don't know if I spelled that right) at our Stake Conference. The pictures are not in order. I mixed them up on accident.
The finished product. Joseph did the ghost, Tarryn the witch and Andrew (with Dad's help) did the little scary one...Spooky.

Last year after Halloween I bought one of those pumpkin carving kits for hardly anything and kept it in my Halloween box. So I pulled it out and it was really fun. I didn't mind the kids using those saws because they really aren't sharp and they can actually accomplish something. So Tarryn really enjoyed working on her's. She did pretty good with a little help.

Joseph on the other hand...didn't want any help at all. He did the whole thing by himself, with the exception of the little hands.

Andrew wouldn't touch the pumpkin guts. I kind of had to laugh. Aren't boys supposed to be into the ooky junk.

Tarryn loved it as usual.

Joseph love it too, but it was kind of gross.






2 comments:

Jenkins Family said...

I absolutely hate carving pumpkins but do it for the kids. I love to bake the pumpkin seeds and eat them. Awesome pumpkins, did your kids really carve those? We try to keep the knives away from our kids for fear they might lose an eye or finger or ect....

Jen said...

Yeah, I was really surprised the kids did so good. I am worried about giving them the knives too, but we tried those pumpkin carving kit ones and it was pretty easy. They are half off right now too. I got some for next year, 50 cents a piece.