I decided to make tacos for dinner tonight but didn't have any tortillas. So, a couple months ago a dear friend of mine taught me and a few other sisters in the ward how to make tortillas, bread and great food of such nature. My mom was not one that made things from scratch. So homemade tortillas was a whole new thing for me and they were very tasty. So tonight, I needed tortillas, so I made them. I hope you try it too. They are way better than store bought. I don't think we will go back. One other great thing...you can use some of your food storage wheat. Even better!
Home Made Tortillas
Blend together:
4 cups flour (I do half wheat flour and half white)
4 tablespoons softened butter (you want this to cut in like making pie crust)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Add 1 1/2 cups HOT water
Mix. Roll out as flat as you can and fry with out oil just to cook it. Very tasty! My family loves them! Thanks again Wendy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yum! I'm so trying these. Thanks for posting it!
You are so amazing Jen. I just love you! Thanks for always inspiring me to do and be better.
Hi Jenny!
Nicole is being released on Monday the 23rd. She'll be home for a while after that. I don't think she has any immediate plans for going anywhere far away. My sister Julie and I will be in Vancouver teh 28th - April 4th for Spring Break. You can reach Nicole at my parents house after Monday do you still have their phone number?
you are so awesome! After reading your recipe I remember a Mexican lady teaching me once and she did the same thing only with Crisco...
I bet it is better with butter...everything is :)
Post a Comment