Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Just a small update...

A whole lot has been happening in our little world. Not many pictures have been taken and not much time has been spent on the computer. So a small update from our house...

Tarryn went on a field trip to a beautiful park downtown. I was able to go with her and really enjoyed myself with 25 first graders. She likes school, once she gets there and is really enjoying reading. She is really learning her way around a kitchen too. She can now put flour in my mixer, turn it on and not "splash" flour everywhere. It ALL stays in the bowl!

Joseph too is really enjoying school, now that some changes have been made. He is in a K-2 classroom and is a fluent reader. For quite a while he was being put with the kindergarteners (because he is one) to do art projects and learn the letters of the alphabet. Everyday he would come home and tell me that kindergarten was boring. So he has been moved into the 1-2 grade reading groups and is really loving it. Over Thanksgiving he told me a joke (I am not sure if he heard it somewhere else or not).

Knock, Knock...
Who's there?
Handsome...
Handsome who?
Hand some of that turkey over here.

I laughed so hard. Mostly because you don't expect to hear something like that out of a five year old.

Andrew is quite the kid. He has really enjoyed having some time all to himself while the kids are at school. He has realized that he is a big kid and can do things for himself. We have to get after Tarryn and Joseph often for doing things for him. He is really starting to gain his independence.

I have been trying to keep up with our house and get in the Christmas mood. It has been pretty hard for me so far. I think because I usually have my tree up the week after Thanksgiving and this year it didn't work out to go get it the Saturday after Thanksgiving. It will come and most of the shopping is done, the sewing is almost done and the baking/candy making will start very soon. I am so excited!

2 comments:

The Skillmans said...

Hey, you're a blogger! Love it! Your kids are cute and amazing.

owona said...

Hi Hiett Fam!! Your kids are getting so big...how did that happen??? Glad to hear you're all doing well, and don't worry about taking a while to get in the Christmas mood...you're not the only one that's taking a little while. I was super excited for Christmas around Halloween, and now, I'm a little ho hum about it all. We haven't got our tree up yet...yikes! Anyway, we hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!