Halloween is usually my favorite time of the year. Costumes are just way to fun to make. But this year I really had a hard time getting going on them. Poor Daddy didn't even get his cut out, let alone sewn. So the final products...

This year I chose to make a time period dress that was quite fun. Oh my, how did women get around with those type of sleeves. They are large and poofy.

Our silly cowboy. By the end of the night he no longer had on his hat or gun. Just a goofy little boy carrying a bag.

Tarryn chose to be a mermaid. It was pretty fun but at first glance hard to tell what she was.

Joseph was the cutest little pumpkin ever. He put it on and I just couldn't help but think that he was completely adorable.

Pumpkin carving is always a fun activity but got put to the last minute and and didn't get finished. At least we got to do the messy fun part.

Carmel apples at Grandma's. Thanks Grandma!

A family tradition from when I was a kid. A plain oreo cookie turned into a cute cookie treat.
7 comments:
Fantastic dress Jen! You've got so much talent!
Oh, and I love the mermaid too - how did she walk around? I would have loved a costume like that when I was a kiddo!
I like you waited till the last minute on many things...and Alex ended up wearing a costume from last year, and I bought ones for Jack and Mackenzie...but made matching costumes for James and 2 of his cousins....I also, Like you, wore a period piece...but my mom made it.
great job! i am falling more and more in love with Halloween as well! Although I am not making awesome costumes like you. Jared LOVE look at the suckers. When i came to them he said "ooh suckers. Yum"
I am very impressed, your shirt under that dress looks VERY hard to do.
They all look great, and I love that oreo treat idea!!
Way to go Jen! you are extremely talented and I don't know how you make time for it all. Love the costumes and wish we could have seen them in person. Soon, hopefully very soon. Miss you and love you all.
So I found your blog address and thought I would check it out. I love reading your blog! I saw these suckers and had to comment! I miss making these with you. I have made them a time or two since we moved. You are so creative!
Post a Comment