Sunday, August 14, 2011

My kiddos are growing up...

I know that growing up is what happens. But this one really threw me off. I mentioned earlier that Andrew had a loose tooth. This week he lost two teeth and my dear sweet Andrew has had a really tough week. I can't believe he lived through it. He probably can't either. Let's start with a little background.


Andrew is the kid who will never be a doctor. The thought of blood really freaks him out. The first time that he really got injured he proceeded to throw up all over the floor. Then a couple of weeks ago he stepped on a nail. This one got him good and he went pale as could be and came pretty close to passing out. So this week...with all the blood...was a great week for him.

(It is hard to see the holes in his mouth because the new teeth have already come in.)


The first tooth came out on Tuesday. It was really wiggley and I told him that I would make him a monster pillow to put his tooth in if he pulled it out. Sure enough...it came out...with some help from Mom. The second tooth came out last night...with some help from Dad. Both teeth had lots of tears and a bit of blood. Thank goodness no throw up or passing out. We missed that adventure! Can't say I am too sad.

So he picked out some fabric and some buttons for eyes and we put together his monster pillow. It has a pocket on the front for the mouth that he can tuck his tooth. Oh and don't forget so that the tooth fairy has a place to tuck his treasure.

No comments: