
My dear sweet little girl has officially joined the ranks of double digits. Can't believe she is getting so big, and I know it is just going to continue.

This year was a little funny. We usually have a nice dinner that the birthday person picks and open gifts, cake/dessert (we don't really LOVE cake), etc. on their birthday. We had to bump it to sunday evening for Tarryn this year due to other things going on. It worked out pretty good actually. We had cousins that were able to come, which totally made Tarryn's day.

As I mentioned before, we don't really do cake much in our house. I don't really know where that comes from (hint...I have never liked cake so much). So when I asked Tarryn what kind of cake she wanted she asked if Aunt Laurel could bring shaved ice. I am okay with that. So the phone call was made and Aunt Laurel was the hero. Thanks, Laurel.

We had our dinner and dessert, then played in the yard with basketball, scooters and bikes. Our dear friend always joins us for our birthday celebrations and this time was no different. I had to laugh when she hopped on the scooter and played with the kids. Keep in mind...her next birthday, in about 2 or 3 weeks, she will be 91. Gotta love her!
Some things you may not know about Tarryn...she loves to cook and wants to be a chef when she grows up. She can look Phyllis in the eye. She likes being given responsibilities and being in charge. She loves babies and younger children. She loves school and loves that her teacher trusts her to make good choices, resulting in more responsibility in the classroom. She really enjoys older people. I just love my girl!
Happy birthday, Tarryn!
No comments:
Post a Comment