The part two comes because in our school district the kindergarten students start school a week later than the rest of the kids. I think it was actually better for our family that this was the case because Andrew is really struggling being all by himself with me.
So Monday was Joseph's first day of school and it was really hard for him. I did okay until he almost cried while I was still sitting in his classroom. I hadn't even told him I was going to leave in about a half hour. He was excited to go but very worried about not knowing anyone. He has always had Tarryn or Andrew around to be with in a new situation.
Joseph, quite happy, after school. Drastic change from when I left him there.
We put Joseph in a new program that has been offered in our elementary school this year. He goes to the Outdoor Discovery Program in our school. What this means is that he is in a classroom with grades K-2 and often works with grades 3-5. It is also a project based program where they have a field trip every friday, no textbooks and lots of opportunity to learn at your own level instead of the traditional "everyone is doing the same thing." We think that it will be a great fit for him. Now that the week has ended, he loves school and is excited to go every day.

No comments:
Post a Comment