It dawned on me (with the help of my sister-in-law) that I haven't mentioned much about our recent trip. I think I already mentioned that our trip to Portland was rescheduled due to a freezer mishap. That left us with a free weekend with two days off of work. Who wants to sit around when you have four days to play with. So we packed up lots of stuff and headed for Crescent City, California. It is only about a 2 1/2 hour drive from our lovely home and really was pretty pleasant.
Along the way we stopped at a ranger station and got some information about the neat things to do in the area. My were they helpful and gave us tons of ideas of what to do with our time. They suggested that the kids to the Junior Ranger Program. It is a program designed to help kids learn about the different things in nature and such. They were required to do four activities in their newspaper, pick up a bag of litter (you may have noticed the rubber gloved hands), and take the Junior Ranger Pledge. Tarryn and Joseph both were pretty excited to do this and got on it right away.
The first stop took us to the Jedidiah Smith National Park (Big Redwood forest park). We went on a short hike that took us into the forest to the MEGA HUGE trees and you can stand in and they make you feel so small. Next we set up camp and headed to the beach to watch the sunset. The sunset on the coast is just so neat to me. The kids didn't really care, but I did.
The next day we went to the beach for more play fun, the park, and the aquarium. It was a small one but pretty neat. Not quite like SeaWorld (although I have never been, I can't really compare them) but I have never had the chance to pet a shark before. That was pretty cool!
Needless to say we had a lot of fun and the kids keep asking when we are going back.

No comments:
Post a Comment