Friday, October 23, 2009

I really am around

Since life has been crazy my camera and computer have taken a rest. But several things have happened that I thought I would share. Plus the kids change and get big all the time...can't let you miss it. In no particular order...
Our goofball of an Andrew had a birthday. My goodness four years have gone by way too fast.

We had some very fun Grandpa time. I wasn't going to share many stories (only because I have Halloween costumes to finish) but this one had to be shared. The kids were having fun jumping on the trampoline minding their own business when Grandpa thought he would join the fun. He ran and jumped onto the trampoline and all the kids scattered. It only took about 30 seconds and the thing was clear. If you know our Andrew, he is scared of nothing. Well, except being left at preschool. But that is another story. As soon as he saw Grandpa coming he made a bee-line to get off. He chose a very different route than the rest of the kids...he ran right to the edge and jumped without a second thought of how far down it could be. We laughed so hard (after we made sure of no broken bones from a jump like that) and he proceeded to do the same thing the next time Grandpa came after them.

One favorite place for us to be is the local library. It is great that they offer other things besides books...it hits more interests. Being as it is located across the street...we go there often.

There is just something about taking the time out to do a puzzle with the kids and much easier to do somewhere else than in your own home. When I am home, I keep thinking...this needs to be done, I should be doing that and so on. Who really cares if those things get done? These little guys will only be little a short time and I sometimes forget that. A puzzle is worth much more than if the dishes get done now instead of later.

The first month of school ended and my Tarryn was named "Student of the Month." I think she takes after me!
We really struggled deciding on something for Andrew for his birthday. We finally decided that he needed a new bike and headed out to find one. Our plan...check Goodwill first and then look at the new ones. We didn't get farther than Goodwill. A scooter, the perfect gift for this particular kid, was there waiting for our family to take it home for $8. Can't beat that if you ask me. He rides it absolutely everywhere we will let him.
Don't look too close...a blast from the past. Really quite fun if you ask me. But the silly sheep wouldn't hold still long enough for a good picture...this will have to do.
Joseph is in a new program at our elementary school that is project based and offers a field trip every Friday. Being a kindergartener, he doesn't always get to go (due to the earlier pick up time of the kindergarteners). This time they got to go to the pumpkin patch and so did I. It really was a fun time. We started on a hay ride, saw the farm animals, herb garden,
went through the corn maze, played on a mountain of straw,

And of course got to pick out a pumpkin. All followed by a nice cup of apple cider. What great fun being able to do things like this with my kiddos. I am greatful every day that my husband has a job that takes care of our needs, not always our wants, and allows me to be home with these precious children.

No comments: