Friday, July 8, 2011

Wow it has been a few days...

A few days have passed and I realized that I haven't posted here. I better do that. So, amongst all the Fourth of July pictures I decided to wait to share our adventures and just share my kiddos instead. So, for you view pleasure (Grandma and Grandpa), I present my kiddos...
All these pictures of the kids were taken on the Fourth of July. We were in Etna for the weekend and I told Josh that I wanted to take the kids to a creek or river or some kind of flowing water to play in and throw rocks and stuff. You know, have fun! Well all the water around Etna is really high and pretty swiftly flowing. We finally found a spot that wasn't too bad but oh my, it was COLD!!! I guess that is what you get when there is still snow on the side of the road in the shady spots and it is just run-off water. Not as much fun as it will be later in the season. I am really looking forward to it.



After our festivities on the Fourth, Grandma and Grandpa suggested that the kids stay there while we (Josh and I) go home. Let me think about that one for a minute...I guess they can stay. They came home tonight and they looked like little indians. They spent enough time outside that they have quite the tan.

While they were away I played a little in the kitchen. Stopped at the library for an audio book and hung out making jam. It has been sitting on the counter for a few days now and I just like looking at it. It has such a pretty color and doesn't look near as nice sitting in a box under the bed (my current food storage place). A bit of raspberry, strawberry and triple berry (mix of strawberry, raspberry and blackberry). Now I need to make bread for that fresh jam.



Check back soon. I have much more to share.

No comments: