We recently had an adventure that I would definately do differently next time. Tarryn went and got her hair cut. In the past I have always taken care of the cutting of her hair, so I thought it would be a treat to take her somewhere this time. We have been waiting for the time when her hair was long enough to donate it to Locks of Love. I have been telling her for several months that it needs to be a little longer so that it wouldn't be so short when we cut it.
So...the before.
The during...Locks of Love has a minimum 10 inch requirement. I told the lady that we only wanted 10 inches off so that we could donate it. She measured slightly wrong!
The thing that I have to remember is that she wanted to do it because she has seen the effects of cancer patients and people that need wigs. It is only hair and it will grow back, but my cute hair doing days are over for a while. It makes me sad. But I am very proud of her. She made a choice to make a difference in someone's life. I am glad that I let her make the choice and not take that away from her.

3 comments:
That is so sweet and a little pathetic on the part of the hair dresser...
glad she wants to help people!!! just like her mommy
Oh Jen, You have a great daughter. I had Marissa's hair cut off too and I only wanted 6 inches....Same way much more, it is finally starting to go out to where I wanted it. I will never do that again though.
it will grow faster than you think!
She does look cute though!!
Post a Comment