Monday, November 3, 2008

Finally Halloween...

So I finally got the batteries in the camera charded and it has taken me all day to get back to the computer. It has been a day. So here you go...the long awaited reveal of the Halloween costumes that were thrown together in a week. I can finally sleep again.

For Halloween Josh likes to take the kids to visit patients. It really is fun to see these old people (most of them are old at least) light up. There is something about a child that makes most people happy. If you didn't know. Josh works with the local hospice. Meaning he is the social worker for terminally ill people. Most are older, although you do get some of the younger ones too. So below you will see our family picture taken at his office with a child missing. The child missing is the one seen in the above picture. The Halloween Andrew slept through.


These are the only good pictures I have of Joseph. I wasn't on top of the ball this year in the picture department. I may have to dress him up again, just for the picture. Funny thing though, he had his heart set on being a ghost. I tried to get him to change his mind several times because I didn't know how to make a ghost. Needless to say, I think he thinks I can create anything because he wanted to be a ghost and so he was. I don't know it was the best creation I have ever done, but he was happy and loved it. That is really what matters.

This was at our ward carnival. The young men and young women put on a wonderful carnival for the primary kids and they all have such a great time.


Tarryn loved being the wicked witch from the Wizard of Oz. She wanted me to dye her hair black even. I ran out of time so that got skipped. I don't think she was too crushed.

It sure is a good thing I got Andrew's early. We had quite a day with him on Halloween. We spent the day visiting patients, while he slept in the car. Just as we were getting ready to go trick or treating he wet his pants, resulting in wet socks, shoes, boot covers and everything. So his costume wasn't really complete as he went trick or treating. But what 3 year old cares about such things...only Mom.





3 comments:

Jenkins Family said...

So fun.....I love Halloween, it is a fun time to dress up and get candy. Jen you do a great job with the costumes. Way to go, I wish I could sew and for this being one of the reasons. Glad to see you and Josh are kids at heart!

Angela said...

You all look awesome!!! I bet Halloween was so much fun! Jen, I love your dress. it is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

wow- your kids sure have grown up! Cute costumes.