Monday, November 3, 2008

Our Love Story

Thanks to Annie Laurie, I thought I would share a few things about us.

Where did you meet your husband?
Josh and I met through a mutual friend, who happened to be an old girlfriend of Josh's. Her and I worked together and she had told me just about everything about him (we had a lot of down time at work). It happened to be his 25th birthday and she had asked me if she could give him my phone number. I agreed, slightly reluctantly. He was OLD, a returned missionary and probably looking for a wife. That was not what I wanted at the time. So he called me a couple days later and we went out the following weekend. After that we didn't spend a day apart for six weeks when he moved home for some medical stuff.
Did you have a long or short engagement/courtship?
Well, it depends on how you look at this one. We were talking about getting married after that first six weeks. I was dragging my feet a LOT and wasn't really sure. So we dated for six months and were engaged for 3 months.
Where did you get engaged?
Josh took me to Olive Garden for my birthday and proposed there. We had already decided to get married and had pick out our rings and everything so I knew it was coming.
Where did you get married?
We were married in the Portland, Oregon Temple. It happened to be one of the busiest days for weddings at the temple. If I remember correctly there was 27 weddings that day. Most of my pictures have another bride in the background.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute blog Jenny! I just tagged you on my blog too. Different tag though, check it out!