Sunday, November 30, 2008

Oh...

It dawned on me that I haven't posted in a while. So I thought I would catch you up on some of our latest doings...


We spent Thanksgiving with Josh's parents and the kids got to help with the pies. Tarryn the apple pie...


...and Joseph and Andrew, Shayne and Gabe with the crust.



Every so often Josh's work hosts a family event for the employees. Last time we went bowling and this time we went to the local science museum. It was so much fun. The kids really enjoyed themselves, so did Josh and I. I really need to look into a membership. They have a bubble room that is so fun. You can make huge bubbles, a bubble wall and even a bubble around yourself. Just watch your step as you leave. It is slippery.

This part of the exhibit was very fun. Andrew just stood there and marveled at what he could do. The was it is set up is that pulling on the rope raises a bowling ball and when you let go the pressure of the bowling ball falling forces a tennis ball up really high (you can't see that part). He would watch the tennis ball go up into the rafters of the room and you could almost see the little wheels turning in his head. He thought it was pretty cool!



Being our builder...Joseph really enjoyed building a dam in the water here. The challenge was to build a dam that wouldn't fail. Every once in a while his dam would break, he would get frustrated and start all over again. He really enjoyed himself. I think one of the coolest parts for me was that I could be in one room, see all my kids doing their own thing and not really worry about them wandering off. They were so into the activity they were doing. It was great!


Being a homeschooling family, we had our own science experiment at home. I washed out a milk jug, filled it with water and put it in the freezer. A couple days later we had hours of fun. I am not joking about the hours part either. Supposedly a spray bottle filled with salt water was supposed to create holes or caves in the ice. That didn't work for us but we had a lot of fun carving and melting and such. I figured out later, in the clean up process, that when you put a pile of wet salt on the ice block it creates a cave. So the spray bottle didn't work but other stuff did.


I have since learned not to give my 3 year old a butter knife. Truthfully I was thinking that butter knives were pretty well safe. He had one the other day and tried to slice his finger off. He had a pretty good cut on his finger and proceeded to throw up. Apperantly he can't tolerate looking at his own blood mixed with Mom's panic. He is okay now. It turned out to be a small cut. For future reference a butter knife isn't a safe as you might think.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Jenny, I didn't know you were homeschooling, how long have you been doing that? How do you like it? I love all of your pictures!!