Josh's birthday was yesterday. I keep teasing him about being an "old man." He is now 33. Last night we went out to dinner with some friends and then tonight had some other friends over for birthday cake. Don't look too hard at the cake. I am not very happy with it. It did taste good though.
So the deal with the cake...I slaved all day to make him a wonderful homemade german chocolate cake (his favorite...not from a box but homemade - I think I better get after his mom for that one). Well, the center of the cake fell and the frosting wasn't as thick as it should have been. Don't ask me how to fix those two problems. I don't know. So, the cake is not beautiful but very tasty. That is all that matters right?
Happy Birthday, Josh!

3 comments:
It looks like a great party! Hope it was a gerat couple of days Josh. Sorry about your cake Jen, i can see how that would be frustrating...at least it wasn't the other way around..looking amazing but tasting yucky. so way to go with the yummy cake.
Happy Birthday Joshy! Hey, I blame Mike's mom for him always wanting a german chocolate cake from scratch too! Keep practicing, maybe for Father's Day!! Love ya guys.
Happy Birthday Josh! The whole German Chocolate Cake from scratch must be a guy thing because my husband loves it too.
Post a Comment